Register of interests: Professor Tom Brown
The Register of Interests provides information of any financial interest or other material benefit that a Board or Committee member receives which might reasonably be thought by others to influence his or her actions.
1. Remunerated directorships
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession or other activity
Vice-Principal (Research, Collections and Innovation), University of St Andrews.
3. Clients connected with the further and/or higher education sector or other aspects of the Council’s business
My employer is the University of St Andrews.
4. Significant gifts or hospitality arising from Board or Committee membership. (To be reported as soon as reasonably practical)
5. Significant shareholdings in a public company where the value is more than £25,000 or less than £25,000 but more than one per cent of the total issued share value of the company.
6. Significant shareholdings in a private company which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
7. Public activity in support of a political party within the previous five years.
8. Miscellaneous, for example, unremunerated posts, honorary positions and other connections which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
Unremunerated director of Scotchem Ltd – holding company for Chemistry pooling activity.
9. Relevant and known interests of spouse, partner and close family.
My wife, Jill Calder is a self-employed illustrator who from time-to-time undertakes work within the HE Sector.