Register of interests: Professor Sir Anton Muscatelli
The Register of Interests provides information of any financial interest or other material benefit that a Council member receives which might reasonably be thought by others to influence his or her actions.
1. Remunerated directorships
- Universities Superannuation Scheme.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession or other activity
- Principal and Vice-Chancellor, University of Glasgow.
3. Clients connected with the further and/or higher education sector or other aspects of the Council's business.
4. Significant gifts or hospitality arising from Council or Committee membership. (To be reported as soon as reasonably practical).
5. Significant shareholdings in a public company where the value is more than 1% of the total issued share value of the company.
6. Significant shareholdings in a private company which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
7. Public activity in support of a political party within the previous five years.
8. Miscellaneous, for example, unremunerated posts, honorary positions and other connections which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
- Honorary President, The David Hume Institute.
- Member of Court, University of Glasgow Court.
- Director, High School of Glasgow.
- Trustee, Universities UK.
- Trustee, Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (Europe).
- Trustee, The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland (ex-officio).
- Trustee, Newbattle Abbey College Trust (ex-officio).
- Trustee, University of Glasgow Trust.
- Chair, Commission on Economic Growth for the Glasgow City Region.
- Member, Scottish Government’s Council of Economic Advisers.
- Director, Beatson Institute.
- Director, Glasgow Life.
- Chair, Scottish Government’s Standing Council on Europe.
- Chair, Russell Group of Universities.
9. Relevant and known interests of spouse, partner and close family.