Access and Inclusion Committee
The Access and Inclusion Committee (AIC) advises the Council on its access, inclusion, equality and diversity ambitions and supports its implementation of its strategic plan.
In particular the committee aims to:
- Achieve and provide evidence of an equality of outcomes for all students.
- Support strong leadership in SFC to deliver its vision for an equality of outcomes including advice on how to embed positive cultural change in both sectors.
- Advise and oversee SFC's response to the implementation of the Scottish Government’s Blueprint for Fairness recommendations including the specific recommendations for the intake from the 20% most deprived communities and care experience.
- Advise and oversee SFC's response to the implementation of the Scottish Government’s Youth Employment Strategy including tackling the inequalities outlined in relation to gender, race, disability and care experience.
- Dr John Blicharski
Access and Participation Manager, University of Dundee.
- Angela Cox
Principal, Borders College.
- Vincent Docherty
Head of Secondary and Inclusion, Aberdeenshire Council (ADES representatbliive).
- James Dunphy
Director of Enhancement of Learning, Teaching and Access, Robert Gordon University.
- Hugh Hall
Principal, Fife College.
- Iain MacRitchie
- Dr Edward Sosu
Lecturer, School of Education, University of Strathclyde.
- Susan Stewart
Director, Open University in Scotland.
- Professor Valerie Webster
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic, Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Lorna Caldwell, Student Awards Agency for Scotland.
- Lynn MacMillan, Scottish Government.