Access and Inclusion Committee
The Access and Inclusion Committee (AIC) advises the Council on its access, inclusion, equality and diversity ambitions and supports its implementation of its strategic plan.
In particular the committee aims to:
- Achieve and provide evidence of an equality of outcomes for all students.
- Support strong leadership in SFC to deliver its vision for an equality of outcomes including advice on how to embed positive cultural change in both sectors.
- Advise and oversee SFC's response to the implementation of the Scottish Government’s Blueprint for Fairness recommendations including the specific recommendations for the intake from the 20% most deprived communities and care experience.
- Advise and oversee SFC's response to the implementation of the Scottish Government’s Youth Employment Strategy including tackling the inequalities outlined in relation to gender, race, disability and care experience.
- Lorna Caldwell, Student Awards Agency for Scotland
- Lynn Graham, Scottish Government
- Professor Leni Oglesby OBE, Higher Education Funding Council for Wales