Register of interests: Liam McCabe
The Register of Interests provides information of any financial interest or other material benefit that a Committee member receives which might reasonably be thought by others to influence his or her actions.
1. Remunerated directorships
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession or other activity
As President of NUS Scotland, I am remunerated for acting as the senior elected representative of students across Scotland. This involves representing students’ interests to Government and key stakeholders, and supporting the work of our 30 member associations.
3. Clients connected with the further and/or higher education sector or other aspects of the Council’s business
At NUS Scotland, our member associations pay affiliation fees to the organisation. In doing so they help to shape and direct our work, participate in our campaigns, and are the beneficiaries of support that we offer.
4. Significant gifts or hospitality arising from Council or Committee membership. (To be reported as soon as reasonably practical)
5. Significant shareholdings in a public company where the value is more than one percent of the total issued share value of the company
6. Significant shareholdings in a private company which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust
7. Public activity in support of a political party within the previous five years
Membership of the Labour party until the end of 2014, membership of the Scottish Socialist Party from early 2015 (including one local by-election candidacy) until early-mid 2017.
8. Miscellaneous, for example, unremunerated posts, honorary positions and other connections which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust
Trustee of BETA Scotland (SC047903), and member of the Unite the Union Scottish youth committee.
9. Relevant and known interests of spouse, partner and close family