Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee
The Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee has a role to respond to, recommend and advise the Council on research and knowledge exchange strategy, policy and funding issues relevant to Scottish higher education institutions and colleges (taking into account the international dimension), with broad areas of advice including but not limited to:
- Providing regular analyses of the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities and threats in the areas of research and innovation support, taking a broad view.
- Providing regular and timely advice to the Council on prioritisation, in the use of the Council's resources to maximise the delivery of the strategic plan and to address Scottish Government outcomes.
- Working with enterprise agencies and other stakeholders to give Council advice on a strategy for innovation and support of knowledge exchange for sustainable economic growth.
- Identifying opportunities for Council to consider interventions to leverage significant resource into Scotland in support of research and/or knowledge exchange.
- Professor Anne Anderson
Vice-Principal and Head of College of Social Sciences, University of Glasgow
- Professor Tim Bedford
University of Strathclyde
- Professor Susan Craw
Faculty of Design & Technology, Robert Gordon University
- Professor David Cumming
Chair of Electronic Systems, Dean of Research and Knowledge Transfer, College of Science and Engineering, University of Glasgow
- Dr Alicia Greated
Director of Research and Enterprise, Heriot-Watt University
- Dr Jano van Hemert
Research Director, Optos
- Professor Tom Inns
Director, Glasgow School of Art
- Dr Siobhan Jordan
Director of Interface
- Professor Sir Timothy O’Shea
Principal, University of Edinburgh and Convener, Universities Scotland’s Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee
- Ian Reid
Chief Executive, Scottish Innovation Centre for sensor and imaging systems (CENSIS)
- Professor Jonathan Seckl
Vice Principal Planning, Resources & Research Policy, University of Edinburgh
- Morven Cameron, Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Andrew Howie, Scottish Enterprise
- Carolyn Reeve, Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (UK Government)
- Alex Vincent, Research Councils UK
- Teresa Martin, Scottish Government