Dedicated to making Scotland the best place in the world to learn, to educate, to research and to innovate
We have a staff of around 120 people. Specialties include financial analysis, strategy and policy development, outcome agreement management and statistics. We also have professional service teams in HR and ICT.
Our structure is based on four directorates. You can find out more about the work of each directorate and its staff contact details from the links below.
Contacting us by email: Unless specified, the standard email address format for SFC staff is: first firstname.lastname@example.org, e.g. email@example.com.
Chief Executive's Office
- Karen Watt, Chief Executive, 0131 313 6646.
- Martin Fairbairn (register of interests), Chief Operating Officer /
Secretary to the Board, 0131 313 6524.
- Sarah Bennett, PA to the Chair, Interim Director of Policy and Strategic Development and Chief Operating Officer, 0131 313 6620.
- Fiona Gray, PA to Chief Executive, 0131 313 6505.
- Sinéad Griffin, Business Manager, 0131 313 6670.
- Maggie Wightman, Director of Skills Alignment (Joint SFC/Skills Development Scotland role), 0141 468 6603, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stephen Crowe, Assistant Director, 0131 313 6612.
- Hazel Murphy, Assistant Web Officer, 0131 313 6678.
- Matt Paterson, Communications Officer, 0131 313 6683.
- Lynne Raeside, Head of External Affairs, 0131 313 6526.
- Giulio Romano, Web Officer, 0131 313 6568.
Access, Learning and Outcomes
Access | Skills | Outcome Agreements | Quality
Finance | Institutional Governance & Financial Sustainability | Funding & Analysis
Facilities | Human Resources | Information Systems |
Records Management | Projects | Strategy | Capital & Climate Change | EU Exit
Research and Innovation
Research | Innovation | Strategic activities | Environmental Sustainability