Dedicated to making Scotland the best place in the world to learn, to educate, to research and to innovate
We have a staff of around 120 people. Specialties include financial analysis, strategy and policy development, outcome agreement management and statistics. We also have professional service teams in HR and ICT.
Our structure is based on five directorates. You can find out more about the work of each directorate and its staff contact details from the links below.
contactSCOTLAND-BSL connects Deaf BSL users throughout Scotland through a video relay service (VRS) with all of Scotland’s public authorities.
Emailing SFC staff
Unless specified, the standard email address format for SFC staff is first email@example.com.
Chief Executive's Office
- Karen Watt, Chief Executive.
- Martin Fairbairn (register of interests), Chief Operating Officer /
Secretary to the Board, 0131 313 6524.
- Maggie Wightman, Director of Skills Alignment (Joint SFC/Skills Development Scotland role), 0141 468 6603, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting the Chief Executive's Office
- Sarah Bennett, PA to the Chair and Chief Operating Officer, 0131 313 6620.
- Fiona Gray, PA to Chief Executive, 0131 313 6505.
- Sinéad Griffin, Business Manager, 0131 313 6670.
- Alastair Ballantyne, Communications Officer, 0131 313 6683.
- Stephen Crowe, Assistant Director, 0131 313 6612.
- Hazel Murphy, Assistant Web & Design Officer, 0131 313 6678.
- Lynne Raeside, Head of External Affairs, 0131 313 6526.
- Giulio Romano, Web Officer, 0131 313 6568.
- Media Centre.
Access, Learning and Outcomes
Access | Skills | Outcome Agreements | Quality
Facilities | Human Resources | Information Systems |
Records Management | Projects | Strategy | Capital & Climate Change | EU Exit
Finance | Institutional Governance & Financial Sustainability | Funding & Analysis
Policy, Insight and Analytics
Analytics | Briefings | Operational policy development
Research and Innovation
Research | Innovation | Strategic activities | Environmental Sustainability