Independent Review of Innovation Centres Programme
The review focused on the delivery of the original vision, aims and objectives of the Innovation Centres Programme. It was chaired by Professor Graeme Reid and supported by an Advisory Committee and economic assessment consultants, EKOS Ltd. This approach was chosen to ensure transparency of the review and the credibility of its recommendations.
The review considered the role of the public sector partners (SFC, Scottish Enterprise and Highlands & Islands Enterprise) as well as the progress and potential of the Innovation Centres programme, full details of the review can be viewed in the Terms of Reference document [PDF] and in the report and evidence below.
Independent Review of the Innovation Centres Programme [PDF]
Business Engagement and Economic Impact Evaluation of the Innovation Centres Programme from EKOS [PDF]
Written Evidence [PDF - 17MB]
Transcriptions of the Oral Evidence [PDF] received by the Advisory Committee. Note - Should they be required, audio files can be requested by emailing: InnovationCentresRev@sfc.ac.uk.
Professor Reid held a dissemination event [PDF] with key stakeholders on 14 October 2016 in Glasgow where he presented [PPT] his review and discussed his findings with attendees.
Members of the Advisory Committee are:
- Professor Graeme Reid (Chair), Professor of Science and Research Policy, University College London.
- Professor Tim Bedford, Professor of Risk and Decision Analysis, University of Strathclyde, SFC RKEC member.
- William Findlay, GlobalScot Network, former President of Cameron International.
- Alex Herbert, Senior Higher Education Advisor, Research Policy Team, HEFCE.
- Douglas Mundie, Saltire Business Solutions, SFC Board and RKEC member.
- Alex Saxon, Associate Director, Research Councils UK.
For further information contact InnovationCentresRev@sfc.ac.uk.