Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee
The Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee (RKEC) has a role to respond to, recommend and advise the Board on research and knowledge exchange strategy, policy and funding issues relevant to Scottish higher education institutions and colleges (taking into account the international dimension), with broad areas of advice including but not limited to:
- Providing regular analyses of the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities and threats in the areas of research and innovation support, taking a broad view.
- Providing regular and timely advice to the Board on prioritisation, in the use of the Council's resources to maximise the delivery of the strategic plan and to address Scottish Government outcomes.
- Working with enterprise agencies and other stakeholders to give the Board advice on a strategy for innovation and support of knowledge exchange for sustainable economic growth.
- Identifying opportunities for the Board to consider interventions to leverage significant resource into Scotland in support of research and/or knowledge exchange.
- Professor Anne Anderson
Formerly Vice-Principal and Head of College of Social Sciences, University of Glasgow.
- Professor Christina Boswell FBA FAcSS FRSE
Vice Principal Research and Enterprise, University of Edinburgh.
- Professor Tom Brown
Vice-Principal (Research and Innovation) and School of Physics and Astronomy, University of
- Professor Nicholas Fyfe
Vice Principal, Research, Robert Gordon University.
- Dr Alicia Greated
CEO of Knowledge Transfer Network Ltd.
- Gordon Hunt
Senior Manager: Research and Enhancement, College Development Network.
- Professor Julian Jones
Vice-Principal and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Heriot-Watt University.
- Dr Alison McIntosh
Executive Director, Scottish Universities Life Sciences Alliance (SULSA).
- Professor Andy Porter
Chair in Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Aberdeen.
- Ms Sara Rae
Assistant Principal, Enterprise and Skills, West College Scotland.
- Anna Salgado
Technical Director – Supply Chain, LifeScan Scotland Ltd.
- Sandy Weir
Senior Technical Manager & AI Centre of Excellence Manager, Canon Medical Research Europe.
- Professor Iain Gillespie, Convener, Universities Scotland Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee.
- Helen Pearce, UKRI.
- Laura Dougan, Scottish Government.
- Gillian Galloway, Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
- Derek Shaw, Scottish Enterprise.
- Brigid Feeny, BEIS
Jennifer Jamieson, email: email@example.com
Committee Standing Orders
Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee Standing Orders [PDF]
Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee meeting papers
Next meeting dates
- 15 June 2023
- 24 August 2023
- 30 October 2023