Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee
The Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee has a role to respond to, recommend and advise the Board on research and knowledge exchange strategy, policy and funding issues relevant to Scottish higher education institutions and colleges (taking into account the international dimension), with broad areas of advice including but not limited to:
- Providing regular analyses of the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities and threats in the areas of research and innovation support, taking a broad view.
- Providing regular and timely advice to the Board on prioritisation, in the use of the Council's resources to maximise the delivery of the strategic plan and to address Scottish Government outcomes.
- Working with enterprise agencies and other stakeholders to give the Board advice on a strategy for innovation and support of knowledge exchange for sustainable economic growth.
- Identifying opportunities for the Board to consider interventions to leverage significant resource into Scotland in support of research and/or knowledge exchange.
- Professor Anne Anderson
Formerly Vice-Principal and Head of College of Social Sciences, University of Glasgow.
- Dr Caroline Cantley
Executive Director, Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering.
- Professor Nicholas Fyfe
Vice Principal, Research, Robert Gordon University.
- Dr Alicia Greated
CEO of Knowledge Transfer Network Ltd.
- Dr Jano van Hemert
Research Director, Optos.
- Professor Julian Jones
Vice-Principal and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Heriot-Watt University.
- Professor Andy Porter
Chair in Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Aberdeen.
- Ms Sara Rae
Assistant Principal, Enterprise and Skills, West College Scotland.
- Dr Helen Reddy
Director of Research & Innovation Services, University of St Andrews.
- Professor Jonathan Seckl
Vice Principal Planning, Resources & Research Policy, University of Edinburgh.
- Professor Wayne Powell. Convener, Universities Scotland Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee.
- Morven Cameron, Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
- Helen Cross, Head of Strategy Co-ordination at UKRI.
- Laura Dougan, Scottish Government.
- Ian Blewett, Scottish Enterprise.
- Carolyn Reeve, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (UK Government).
- Dr Pieter van de Graaf, Scottish Government.
Jennifer Jamieson, email: email@example.com
Committee Standing Orders
Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee Standing Orders [PDF]
Research & Knowledge Exchange Committee meeting papers
Next meeting dates
- 24 February 2022
- 2 March 2022
- 1 June 2022
- 24 August 2022
- 12 October 2022
- 7 December 2022