Skills, Enhancement, Access and Learning Committee
Formerly the Learning Enhancement and Skills Committee, the Skills, Enhancement, Access and Learning (SEAL) Committee is committed to enhancing the student learning experience in Scotland’s colleges and universities.
The Committee has a role to respond to, recommend and advise the Board on students' and employers' experience of the tertiary system, with broad areas of advice including but not limited to:
- How to maximise the tertiary sector’s impact on the economy by identifying skills gaps, opportunities for growth and addressing employers’ needs.
- The student lived experience including how they access, progress, complete and progress from tertiary education.
- An overview of the tertiary learning and teaching landscape and its impact and outcomes
- Providing regular and timely advice to the Board on prioritisation, in the use of the Council's resources to maximise the delivery of the SFC Review and its strategic framework and to address Scottish Government outcomes.
- Donella Beaton, Vice Principal, Economic Development, Robert Gordon University
- Anne Campbell, Vice Principal – Curriculum, Ayrshire College
- Ellie Gomersall, NUS Scotland President, NUS Scotland
- Helyn Gould, Deputy, Associate Principal, University of Strathclyde
- Kevin Kelman, Director, NHS Golden Jubilee, NHS Scotland Academy
- Gordon McGuinness, Director of Industries & Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland
Nick Stansfeld, Policy/Analysis Officer, tel: 0131 313 6539, email: email@example.com.
Skills, Enhancement, Access and Learning Committee meeting papers
Next meeting dates