Andy Kerr has considerable experience in high-performing organisations, chairing and being chaired by others, working to the Nolan principles and providing effective leadership and getting the best out of people, teams, committees and Boards.
Andy has chaired several high-level Boards such as the Chairs and Chief Executives of the NHS, a variety of Scottish Cabinet sub committees, he was formerly the chair of the Board of Quality Scotland and South Lanarkshire College. He has extensive knowledge of business and commerce both as policy maker and as a practitioner and has worked in the public, private and third sectors.
As chair of South Lanarkshire College, he oversaw a strategic plan which delivered a balanced budget, many prestigious third party accreditations and SLC is one of the highest performing colleges in Scotland. Andy shares with many the mission of changing lifetime opportunities for students supporting economic growth, matching ambitions of students to the economy and positive destinations.
Andy's reappointment runs from 4 November 2023 to 3 November 2026.
Register of interests
1. Remunerated directorships
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession or other activity
- Executive Advisor, ENABLE Scotland.
- Chairperson Highland Home Carers.
3. Clients connected with the further and/or higher education sector or other aspects of the Council's business.
4. Significant gifts or hospitality arising from Board or Committee membership. (To be reported as soon as reasonably practical).
5. Significant shareholdings in a public company where the value is more than 1% of the total issued share value of the company.
6. Significant shareholdings in a private company which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
7. Public activity in support of a political party within the previous five years.
8. Miscellaneous, for example, unremunerated posts, honorary positions and other connections which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
9. Relevant and known interests of spouse, partner and close family.
- Daughter at Edinburgh University (ends summer 2023).
- Wife is an elected member at South Lanarkshire Council and is the Chair of SEEMIS.