Register of interests: Professor Ewart Keep
The Register of Interests provides information of any financial interest or other material benefit that a Council member receives which might reasonably be thought by others to influence his or her actions.
1. Remunerated directorships
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession or other activity
- Member of the UK government’s Skills and Productivity Board.
- Emeritus (unpaid) professor of education, training and skills, Oxford University.
- Unpaid Member of the Management Board of City of Glasgow College.
- Current (unpaid) member of the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership’s Oxfordshire Skills Board
- Current (unpaid) member of the Four Nations College Alliance Independent Commission on ‘The College of the Future’.
- Current (unpaid) member of the Education and Training Foundation’s Centres for Excellence in Maths Expert Advisory Group.
- Current (unpaid) member of the British Academy’s Skills Steering Group.
- Current (paid) chair of the Education and Training Foundation’s T Levels Professional Development External Assurance Group.
- Current (unpaid) member of the Education and Training Foundation’s T Levels Professional Development Strategic Advisory Group.
- Current (unpaid) academic member of the ESRC’s Productivity Institute.
3. Clients connected with the further and/or higher education sector or other aspects of the Council's business.
I sometimes give presentations (unpaid) to Association of Colleges events.
4. Significant gifts or hospitality arising from Board or Committee membership. (To be reported as soon as reasonably practical).
5. Significant shareholdings in a public company where the value is more than 1% of the total issued share value of the company.
6. Significant shareholdings in a private company which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
7. Public activity in support of a political party within the previous five years.
I have been a member of the Labour Party’s independent Commission on Lifelong Learning. The Commission’s final report is about to be published and the Commission’s work is now complete.
8. Miscellaneous, for example, unremunerated posts, honorary positions and other connections which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
Associate Fellow of the Scottish Centre for Employment Research (Strathclyde University).
Honorary Fellow of the City and Guilds London Institute.
9. Relevant and known interests of spouse, partner and close family.