Sheila Duncan has over 20 years business experience and during her career has held a number of senior HR positions in both Financial services and the Energy sector.
Sheila was formerly the UK HR Director at Scottish Power, part of the Iberdrola group, where she was a member of the Scottish Power Executive Team with responsibilities for Health and Safety and Business Services as well as Human Resources. During her career, she also completed international assignments in the USA as Chief H.R. Officer at Avangrid, the US subsidiary of Iberdrola.
Throughout her career, Sheila has been strongly committed to education and lifelong learning, championing diversity, inclusion and accessibility for all irrespective of background.
Sheila holds an M.A. (Hons) from the University of Glasgow and is a Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Personnel and Development.
Sheila’s appointment is for four years and runs from 4 November 2019 to 3 November 2023.
Register of interests
1. Remunerated directorships.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession or other activity.
3. Clients connected with the further and/or higher education sector or other aspects of the Council’s business.
4. Significant gifts or hospitality arising from Board or Committee membership (to be reported as soon as reasonably practical).
5. Significant shareholdings in a public company or other body where the value is greater than 1% of the issued share capital of the company or other body, or greater than £25,000.
6. Significant shareholdings in a private company which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
7. Public activity in support of a political party within the previous five years.
8. Miscellaneous, for example, unremunerated posts, honorary positions and other connections which might give rise to a conflict of interest or trust.
9. Relevant and known interests of spouse, partner and close family.
SFC Strategic Plan 2022-27
Building a connected, agile, sustainable tertiary education and research system for Scotland.
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.