We are committed to investing in education that is accessible to learners from all backgrounds and all of our actions contribute to delivering the targets and recommendations outlined in A Blueprint for Fairness.
We use our investments to do this in a number of ways:
- Core funds for colleges and universities.
- Access programmes to directly assist school pupils in getting into colleges and universities (Schools for Higher Education Programme and Access to High Demand Professions) and a programme to assist adult returners (Scottish Widening Access Programme).
- Strategic programmes to enable bridges and support into the university sector.
- Our strategy for articulation.
- Our National Ambition for Care-experienced Students.
- Supporting policy for groups underrepresented or under-achieving in comparison to their peers such as carers, veterans, BSL learners
and estranged students.
- Funding and policy support for mental health.
- Funding to address inequalities in gender, race, and disabilities.
SFC Report on Widening Access
This report presents data relating to the Commission on Widening Access targets, and on Scottish-domiciled entrants to higher and further education in Scotland by socio-economic deprivation, gender, ethnicity, disability, care experience and age.
Current and previous editions are available on our Statistics publication schedule.