Concordat to support research integrity
We are signatories to the Concordat to Support Research Integrity.
The concordat seeks to provide a national framework for good research conduct and its governance. As signatories to the concordat to support research integrity, we are committed to:
- Upholding the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research.
- Ensuring that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards.
- Supporting a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice, and support for the development of researchers.
- Using transparent, timely, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct should they arise.
- Working together to strengthen the integrity of research and to review progress regularly and openly.
Signatories annual statement 2022−23
This report provides a summary of activities from the Research Integrity Concordat Signatories Group for 2022−23.
Submission of institutions’ Annual statement on research integrity
Through our Outcome Agreement process we expect all institutions in Scotland to commit to comply with the concordat. This includes the submission of an annual statement to UUK.
On behalf of the Research Integrity Concordat Signatories Group, Universities UK publishes material to help meet this requirement including an annual statement template which we encourage institutions to use.
Our lead contact for research integrity is Oliver Wright, Policy Officer;
email email@example.com; tel: 0131 313 6638.
Research integrity is overseen at SFC by Helen Cross, Director of Research and Innovation;
email: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: 0131 313 6500.